Women climb the career ladder when they have a strong network. But no network exists in the UAE purely for the corporate career woman. Until now.
Aurora50’s new NOORA network launches at the end of this month.
NOORA is the new membership community where like-minded and ambitious executive women can connect – both online and in person.
‘Networking is a valuable asset, with a good ROI’
With women accounting for just 31 percent of senior roles globally, Aurora50 believes that networking is the missing piece in HR retention strategy.
Corporations can buy membership packages for their high-performing women employees, whether they are first-time managers or managers of managers.
“If you are successful and well networked, you will be even more successful. This makes it a valuable asset, with a good return on investment.”
The networking stats
- Nearly a quarter of employees cite a lack of opportunities for advancement as the reason they would quit a company (Robert Half, 2014).
- Women who have a strong inner circle of other women are nearly three times more likely to be promoted than those without that support system (Kellogg School of Management, 2019).
- Almost two-thirds (65 percent) of women managers say they feel excluded by internal company networks (Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM), 2022).
Did you know?
For the first time in history, in 2023 more than 10 percent of Fortune 500 companies are led by women – and the newest five women CEOs were all promoted from within their business.
- 1992: Karla Lewis, now CEO & President, joined Reliance Steel & Aluminum
- 1996: Maria Black, now CEO & President, joined Automatic Data Processing (ADP)
- 1999: Julie Sloat, now CEO & President, joined American Electric Power (AEP)
- 2008: Jennifer A Parmentier, now CEO, joined Parker Hannifin
- 2019: Stephanie Ferris, now CEO & President, joined Fidelity National Information Services (FIS)
Networking with NOORA: Creating a loyal, diverse and thriving workforce
NOORA helps create a positive change for talented women, giving them the support they need to rise from within.
It provides your star employees with a support system: a community where they can learn and grow.
It allows organisations to retain high-achieving women (HIPOs) and foster a culture where they grow with you.
And it showcases your brand as a gender balance changemaker, allowing you to achieve your gender balance goals and leverage diversity of thought in a future-proof workforce.
NOORA is a collective for corporates with two divisions:
- a lobby for first-time managers
- and a mezzanine for women who are managers of managers (normally director-level or above).
If you are looking to purchase an individual membership to NOORA, the doors will open soon. Join the waitlist