- In these Terms, the following expressions have the following meanings:
Event: an event, such as a networking event, program, conference, masterclass, or workshop;
Fee: the sum payable for Membership
Materials: all materials provided to you or accessed by you under the Services;
Member: an individual who has registered with Aurora50 on the Website; and an individual who accesses Aurora50 through a corporate membership and Membership is construed accordingly;
Services: the services provided by Aurora50
Terms: these terms and conditions;
2. OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
- These are the Terms on which you can access and use our Website and our Services.
- Please ensure that you have read these Terms carefully and check that the details on the Registration Forms are complete and accurate before you submit them. If you think that there is a mistake, please contact us.
- If you have any questions or if you have any complaints, please contact us. You can contact us by emailing us at email@example.com.
3. CHANGES TO TERMS
- We may revise these Terms from time to time at our discretion for technical or legal reasons, or because the needs of our business have changed.
4. ACCESSING THE WEBSITE
- We will use reasonable endeavours to make the Website available to you at all times. However, there may be occasions when access to the Website may be interrupted, including for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment.
- You should treat your log-in details as confidential, and you must not share them with any third party. We have the right to disable any log-in details, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
- The Website may contain links to websites or apps operated by third parties. We do not have any influence or control over any such third party websites or apps and we are not responsible for and do not endorse any third party websites or apps or their availability or content.
- The Fee may change at any time, but any changes will not affect Services that have already been paid for.
- Access to certain Services will take effect only when we have received the Fee due in full. If you do not pay the Fee by the due date, we may claim costs and interests on such; or suspend your Membership, including your entitlement to enjoy the benefit of the Services, with immediate effect until you have paid any outstanding amounts.
- Membership to the Services automatically renews annually. We may increase the Fee year on year, but we will notify you in advance as set out in clause 8.2 below.
- We will email you 2 months and again 1 month prior to the renewal date advising you that your membership is about to auto-renew. If you wish to cancel your auto renewal at any time, you can do so at any time during your Membership term up to the point of expiration.
- If you opt out of auto-renewal or terminate your Account at any time during your Membership, you may continue to use the Services that are part of your Membership until the end of the then-current period of your Membership. You will not be eligible for a pro-rated refund of any portion of the Membership Fee paid for the then-current Membership period
- We may immediately terminate or suspend your account, and all or a portion of your Membership (including Basic Membership),without notice if:
- your payment of the Fee is overdue (provided that we will use reasonable efforts to notify you of the overdue payment before we terminate or suspend);
- you provide false or inaccurate information;
- you violate these Terms or any other applicable terms;
- you engage in conduct that is a violation of any applicable law (including, without limitation, copyright and intellectual property laws); or
- if you engage in conduct that is threatening, abusive or harassing to Aurora50 employees, agents, or other members.
- If we terminate or suspend your Membership, your licence to use any products or content provided in connection with the Membership is also terminated or suspended (as applicable). If your Membership is terminated, we have the right to immediately delete all data, files, and other information stored in or for your account without further notice to you. You must pay all charges up to and including the date of termination and no refund of all or part of the Fee is due.
- Any agreement you have with your payment provider governs your use of your specified payment method.
- When attending an Event, you shall comply with all security, health and safety and all other instructions relating to the venue where the Event is being held and you shall not record or photograph all or part of the Event without our consent.
- You agree that for reasons outside of our control, the date and/or time of the Event and/or the location of the Event may need to be changed. In such circumstances, we shall notify you with the new date, time and/or location as the case may be.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Materials.
- We grant to you the right to use and review the Materials for your own personal use. If your Membership is part of a corporate Membership, you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to the Materials.
- You must not modify the Materials in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of Material must always be acknowledged.
- If you wish to make any use of Material other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
- You acknowledge and agree that the Materials are provided for information only and do not constitute advice or recommendation by Aurora50. We do not warrant or represent that any result or objective shall be achieved, be achievable or be attained whatsoever by use of the Website, including the Vacancy Board.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law (a) Aurora50 disclaims all liability whatsoever, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) under statute or otherwise in relation to the Website, the Services and the Materials; and (b) all implied warranties, terms and conditions relating to the Website, the Services and the Materials (whether implied by statute, common law or otherwise), including any warranty, term or condition as to accuracy, completeness, reliability, satisfactory quality, performance, fitness for purpose, availability and non-infringement are excluded.
- We shall have no liability in contract, tort (including negligence), under statute or otherwise, as a result of or in connection with the Website, the Services and/or the Materials for any indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user including but not limited to (a) loss of income or revenue; (b) loss of business; (c) loss of profits or contracts; (d) loss of anticipated savings; (e) loss of data; (f) loss of goodwill; and/or (g) wasted management or office time.
- If, notwithstanding provision of this Clause 21, we are liable to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence and breach of statutory duty) or otherwise, our maximum liability shall not exceed the Fees paid by you during the previous 12 months for the Service that is the subject of the claim.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for (a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and/or (c) any other loss that cannot lawfully be excluded.
10. YOUR CANCELLATION RIGHTS
- We do not have a refund policy for Members except in the case of exceptional circumstances. However we will consider any request for a refund of the Fee for a Member if you write to us, setting out the reasons why you believe you are entitled to a refund.
- If you give us written notice under Clause 13.1, we may refund any Fee paid (or part thereof) by you if, in our opinion and at our sole discretion, exceptional circumstances apply.
11. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation, and we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you in writing if this happens, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
- This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Each of the Clauses of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of the Clauses are unlawful, the remaining Clauses will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
12. LAW AND JURISDICTION
All contracts between the Organiser and the Sponsor relating to the Event shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the United Arab Emirates as applied in Abu Dhabi and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Abu Dhabi Courts.